Enter Amazon here and Root Cellar gets
a commission on your purchases!
Download the Current Issue
Two ways to join or renew your membership (membership year begins October 1):
1) Please print and fill in this membership form and send in with your $25 check, to
Root Cellar-SGS Membership, P.O. Box 265, Citrus Heights, CA 95611-0265
2) OR Renew your membership online using a credit card. Log in as a member and follow the presented instructions.
Root Cellar is an all-volunteer organization. To provide the events that are enjoyed by members and the public we need the support of Root Cellar's membership. Please consider stepping up to assist us in our efforts.
Special Interest Groups and Workshops
Are you new to genealogy?
Are you a "seasoned" genealogist but are plagued by pesky "brick walls"?
Our daytime workshops and special interest groups ("SIGS") may be just what you need to further your research efforts. If you haven't done so before now, consider participating with one or more of the following:
- Daytime workshops - 3rd Wednesdays from 1-3PM
- Genealogical Book Club meets every other month on the second Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November, from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- Family Tree Maker SIG - 3rd Thursdays from 11:30AM - 1:30PM
- Legacy and Flip Pal Support Group - 4th Thursdays from 10:00AM - 1:00PM No meetings June-July-August.
All are held each month at the Sylvan Community Center in Citrus Heights.
For more information on these resources, click on the "Meetings" link of the "Home" menu option at left, or scroll down the list of meetings at right.
Root Cellar Extraction Project
Did you know that Root Cellar has published almost 50 indexes and other materials gleaned from Sacramento's historical archives? Our ongoing Extraction Project meets every Friday at the Center for Sacramento History, 551 Sequoia Pacific Blvd., from 9AM to Noon. If you would be interested in participating in this special activity, drop by the Center and let us know. For more information, you may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of the publications we have already created, click the "Society Publications" link in the menu at the left of this page.